Portland police say they have arrested three men in connection with the attempted rape of a woman at a home in Portland

admin 0

Portland police have arrested a man and two other men in relation to the attempted forcible rape of an 83-year-old woman at her home on Wednesday.

The victim was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Portland police spokesperson Sgt. Pete Simpson said the three men were arrested on Friday.

Simpson did not say what charges they face, but Simpson said police are still trying to identify the victim and the suspects.

Simpson said investigators are also investigating whether the alleged perpetrators are related to the woman.

Portland has seen a spike in reported sexual assaults this year, but it’s still the lowest rate in the state, according to a report released this month by the state Department of Public Safety.

Simpson acknowledged the high number of sexual assaults but said that in a place like Portland, it’s hard to believe that’s a trend.

“This is an extremely violent community, so I would hope that anyone would be careful in terms of how they approach the community, especially in this case,” Simpson said.

Simpson added that the case is still under investigation.

“I think that people will look at that and say, ‘Well, maybe I should have done something,'” Simpson said, adding that Portland police are now working with the Portland Police Bureau to gather more information about the incident.

The city has seen an increase in reported rapes this year.

Simpson noted that police are dealing with a number of new cases.

He said detectives are reviewing video footage from the apartment to determine if there were any other suspects involved.

He added that investigators are working with prosecutors in the case to determine whether anyone else was involved.

Portland Police Department Chief Michael Reese said the woman has not been charged.

He did not identify her by name.

Police said they will have more information on Friday about the suspect.

The Portland Police say they are looking for anyone who may have witnessed or witnessed the incident to contact police.

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler said that the city is in shock over the incident and said he is committed to working with local law enforcement and the community to keep the city safe.

He thanked the victim for her courage in coming forward.

Wheeler also thanked the Portland Public Schools for keeping the community safe during the investigation.

The school district said it is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspects or anyone who witnessed the crime.